Material particularly useful to those in psychotherapy
(NOTE: If you are looking for a form, please browse to the Forms section of the website.)
- About my PTSD…To Whom It May Concern – For adults to give to other adults, to help them understand Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
- Beginning Treatment of PTSD and Related Anxiety Disorders – Taking care of yourself as treatment begins.
- Building emotional resilience: Finding and calming negative self-beliefs to decrease personal distress and become stronger – Working on your own to convert your negative self-beliefs into growth and peace of mind.
- Depression (NIMH Statement) – A broad overview of the disorder and its treatment, from an authoritative source.
- Depression self-management – I: Initial considerations – A basic understanding of depression is essential for an effective response.
- Depression self-management – II: What to do, what to expect – Suggested steps to take to respond to your depression.
- End times – Coming to the end of psychotherapy – Successfully moving through the end of therapy.
- Explaining your PTSD to your children – Keeping your priorities straight, and meeting your children’s needs.
- Feelings – deepening self-awareness in the early stages of psychotherapy – Important work you can do to get a fast start in psychotherapy.
- Finding a Good Therapist – A thoughtful approach to an important decision.
- How I Do Psychotherapy: Healing the Mind, Finishing With the Past - Basic procedures, stages, and expected outcomes in my psychotherapy process.
- Medication for Anxiety – Anxiolytics – Pharmacological intervention for mental health disorders involving excessive fear.
- Organic Rule-outs: Five top-priority concerns – What to do first when your mental state is unacceptable to you.
- Parents, children, and divorce – Responding to the special needs of children when their parents divorce requires knowledge, planning, and sensitivity.
- Pregnancy and trauma treatment – Is ANY form of EMDR safe in the context of pregnancy?
- Problem solving: How to make better decisions – With truly important decisions, we do well to approach the matter a bit differently than we do with everyday matters. Here’s how to do it.
- Psychotherapy and Counseling Services Available – Services for developing personal and interpersonal competence.
- Rapid state-of-mind improvement (RSMI) – A simple, effective, and powerful procedure for improving your state of mind.
- Re-grounding procedure – A simple, effective way to learn to return to your naturally calm, clear mind.
- Resolving psychological conflict through inner dialog – How to put your inner conflicts to good use.
- Step-Down Tension-Release (SDTR) Breathing – A simple way to calm the body & quiet the mind.
- Symptom management skills – Three approaches for psychotherapy clients.
How to print this page
Use the page print function built into your browser. It's usually an item in the File menu right below the caption of the window in which this page is displayed.
Only the page's core content will be printed. All images outside of the main content area, all navigation tools and links, and extraneous header and footer material will be omitted from the printed page.
Many browsers also have a print preview function on the same menu - you can use this to see how the printed page will look before you actually print it.